Our lawyers diligently research and prosecute medical malpractice cases nationwide. Modern medicine has become complex and highly technical. Our expert’s review of your potential case determines how the error occurred and how it could have been prevented in addition to determining the value of your medical malpractice case.
A claim of medical malpractice requires prompt and thorough investigations by a medical malpractice lawyer and various experts. Mistakes and errors by medical professionals are not always easily recognized or detected. Jackson Legal Group, LLC takes a team approach to reviewing your case. We assemble the proper specialists and attorneys to review the medical files and sort through the technical paperwork.
Many times medical malpractice cases end in wrongful deaths or injuries that last long into the future. These deaths or injuries may be caused by both intentional or unintentional acts and may include the following:
- Failure to obtain informed consent – A doctor may fail to fully advise you of the risks and benefits of a procedure.
- Incorrect or delayed diagnosis – A delay in diagnosing certain ailments or diseases could cause you future complications or unnecessary treatments.
- Medication and Prescription Errors – Both pharmacists and doctors may mistakenly give you a medication you do not require.
- Cancer Diagnosis – Failure to properly diagnose cancer or detect cancer symptoms.
- Surgical Mistakes – Many things may go wrong during a surgery. Anesthesia errors are a common occurence.
- Preventable Side Effects – Surgical mistakes or improper treatment may lead to preventable side effects such as peritonitis, sepsis, ruptures or paralysis.
- Wrongful Death at a Medical Facility – An untimely death of a loved one is made especially hard when they are under medical supervision at a facility such as hospital or nursing home and their death should have been prevented.
If you think you or a family member may be a victim of medical malpractice, call our medical malpractice team to receive a fee case evaluation and to discuss your options with a medical malpractice lawyer.
Traumatic Brain Injury Law – According to the Centers for Disease Control, approximately 1.7 million people will experience a traumatic brain injury (TBI) this year in the United States. Of the 1.7 million people affected every year, 53,000 people will die due to complications or symptoms related to traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries are due to acquired or acute brain injuries that come from all manners of accidents and medical malpractice events. Our lawyers are versed in recognizing the signs of traumatic brain injury and consult with experts that determine the source of these injuries. Brain injuries can manifest in many ways including altering moods, appetite, behaviors and the inability to remember faces or places. Brain injuries can prevent a person from appreciating experiences or share feelings that they were once able to before the injury. We work with you, your medical providers and your family to evaluate your potential case and the full extent of damages created by accidents causing brain injuries. Often time accidents resulting in brain injuries will create hurdles to traveling or meeting on the telephone. Call us for a free evaluation and we will travel to you to discuss how we may assist you with your brain injury accident claim